Afternoon ILEP – Academic Year Work and Study:
Our Afternoon ILEP Standard English Courses allow a Non-European Student to work and study in Ireland for a full 8 months, (35 weeks). The course duration is 25 weeks.
Try our online test. Find out which class level is right for you. It’s quick, free and gives an instant score.
2019 Afternoon ILEP Course Prices (for non-european students)
- Students on the ILEP afternoon courses must take an approved examination (TIE / IELTS / Cambridge FCE or CAE) towards the end of their stay. Horner School will register all students for the chosen examination and inform students of the timetable arrangements.
- Students on the ILEP afternoon courses must hold Medical Insurance for the full period of their school registration.
- Students on the ILEP afternoon courses must register with the local INIS Immigration office to obtain working permission (Stamp 2). Horner School will provide school documentation and assistance.
- Students must maintain at least an 85% attendance on the course at all times to remain within the terms of their Student Immigration Permission
The Afternoon Standard English course aims to improve your overall English language proficiency. The first class session (13.45 – 15.450) will focus on your knowledge of grammar & vocabulary. The second class session (16.00 – 17.00) will concentrate on your listening and speaking ability. Language skills are practised using real situations and everyday tasks. Highly trained native English teachers and small class groupings allow students to make rapid progress over a short period. Written homework is set and marked each week. Language assessments and progress tests are completed in class, every week.
- AFTERNOON Standard English Language Course.
- 18 Lessons Per Week (15 hours). 25 week course & 10 weeks holiday time included.
- Starting Every Monday.
- Focus on Grammar, Vocabulary, Listening & Speaking Skills.
- This course is suitable for Non European students who wish to receive working rights while studying.
- Highly Skilled Professional Teaching Staff.
We do not offer an accommodation placement service on this course. If non European students require Horner School accommodation services, please select the morning course option. Contact your local agent or Horner School to register for one of our ILEP, morning courses.
Horner School of English Dublin, Afternoon Standard English Courses are inclusive of the following services:
- Tuition – 18 lessons (15 hours) per week with an afternoon timetable – Monday to Friday.
- Welcome Pack with maps of city and lots of useful information.
- Use of the Self Access Library
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access throughout main school building
- Level assessment on arrival and graded end of course certificate
- Student Coffee Room Area & Garden Area
- Full administrative backup, including an Academic Director who will monitor your attendance and progress on the course.
- The cost for the first course textbook is list on the above price list. Students may need to purchase a second textbook if they change class or change level.
- Monday is the starting day for all courses. When Monday is a public holiday, Tuesday is the starting day.