Erasmus+ English course for Teachers in Dublin
A professional development course for teachers & academic staff, Erasmus+ course in Dublin: Focus on improving English language ability PLUS develop practical lesson ideas for classes taught through English.
Erasmus+ English Course For Teachers in Dublin City
Erasmus+ English course for teachers in Dublin provides internationally mixed group lessons in the mornings with 5 lessons in the afternoons. The morning class ( 20 lessons) aims to improve your overall competence in general English skills. The afternoon lessons are tailored to your specific requirements related to teaching methodology. You will be asked to complete a needs analysis questionnaire before arrival, to finalise the content for your afternoon course.
During the afternoon lessons you can focus on a number of particular topics, as listed below.
List of topics for teachers:
- Going digital: Using technology in the classroom.
- Going digital: Getting the most out of online tools.
- Creating conditions for learning, room layouts, learner motivation and participation.
- Course planning and review methods. Feedback, testing and evaluation.
- Suggested methods for teaching the four language skills.
- Language teaching methodologies.
- Teaching mixed ability classes.
- Teaching examination courses.
- Teaching vocabulary using authentic materials
- New ideas for teaching young learners.
- Accuracy v fluency, common errors and false friends.
- The Irish Educational System.
- Developing new lesson ideas for using English in the classroom.
- Introduction to The CLIL Method, Content and Language Integrated Learning.
You can choose from a number of Dublin accommodation options all pre-screened by the Horner School, most of which are within walking distance of the school.
We organise an excellent programme of tours and excursions throughout your stay. Click here for further details
Horner School of English, Erasmus+ Teachers Course for Academic Staff – inclusive of the following services:
Previous participants on this course have received funding under the Erasmus + Programme Key Action 1: Learning Mobility of Individuals
Tuition on this Course is – 25 lessons per week with a morning & afternoon timetable – Monday to Friday.
Welcome Pack is included with maps of the city and other important information.
Use of the Self Access Library is included
Free Wi-Fi Internet access throughout main school building is included
Level assessment before arrival and graded end of course certificate is included
Use of the Student Coffee Room is included
Use of the Garden Area is included