Standard English Course in Dublin
Our most popular English Course, for adults with a guaranteed morning timetable.
This course will focus on the main areas of language learning: reading, writing, speaking and listening skills
2018 Prices Standard English Course
The Standard English course aims to improve your overall English language proficiency. The first class session (09.30 – 11.10) will focus on your knowledge of grammar & vocabulary. The second class session (11.30 – 13.10) will concentrate on your listening and speaking ability. Language skills are practised using real situations and everyday tasks. Highly trained native English teachers and small international class groupings allow students to make rapid progress over a short period. Written homework is set and marked each week. Language assessments and progress tests are completed in class, every week.
- Standard English Language Course.
- 20 Lessons Per Week With a Morning Timetable.
- Starting Every Monday.
- Focus on Grammar, Vocabulary, Listening & Speaking Skills.
- Small Internationally Mixed Classes.
- Highly Skilled Professional Teaching Staff.
You can choose from a range of Dublin accommodation options, all pre-screened by the Horner School, most of which are within walking distance of the school. Find your Dublin student accommodation.
We organise an excellent programme of tours and excursions throughout your stay.
Horner School of English Dublin, Standard English Courses are inclusive of the following services:
- Tuition – 20 lessons per week with a guaranteed morning timetable – Monday to Friday.
- Welcome Pack with maps of city and lots of useful information.
- Use of the Self Access Library
- Use of the Computer Room.
- Free Wi-Fi Internet access throughout main school building
- Level assessment on arrival and graded end of course certificate
- Student Coffee Room Area
- Garden Area
Full administrative backup, including Accommodation Office and Academic Director.
Each lesson is equal to 50 mins. Course Textbooks are available to purchase at the school.
Monday is the starting day for all courses. When Monday is a public holiday, Tuesday is the starting day.
A course registration fee applies to all course bookings.